Since the first case of COVID-19 was confirmed in the U.S. in January of this year, restaurants across the country have been deeply impacted in a number of ways.
Having sustained one of the heaviest blows from this pandemic, the restaurant industry is estimated to have lost more than 3 million jobs and $25 billion in sales since March 1st. Additionally, according to a report from schedule and time tracking tool Homebase, the total number of hours worked for employees of local businesses in the food and drink sector had dropped 40 percent by March 17th, while the number of overall hourly workers declined by 45 percent. And as there’s currently no clear certainty as to when the COVID-19 pandemic will subside, approximately 50 percent of restaurant operators are expected to lay off more people in April.
A major reason for this downturn is the forced closure of dining rooms that was put in place to prevent further spread of the virus. And although many states are allowing restaurants to remain open for takeout or delivery, not all restaurants have effective systems in place to be able to provide this service.
At OneDine, our team of seasoned executives with extensive backgrounds in the restaurant sector understands the unprecedented challenges and uncertainties that the industry and its 15 million employees are facing at this critical time. We stand in solidarity with you, and possess an authentic desire to keep the restaurant industry afloat during the widespread mandates on public gathering and recommendations for social distancing.
To do our part in helping restaurants not only survive, but thrive, in the midst of COVID-19 pandemic, we’re offering to turn any restaurant into an order, pay, and pick-up venue in as little as 24 hours for free — no cost for set up, no contracts, no fees, no commitments, no strings attached whatsoever.
Whether you have a parking lot or not, we can help your restaurant generate revenue during these trying times by helping you offer your customers safe, completely touchless curbside service.
Your customers can either:
- Place a pre-order from your menu and pay for their order on their mobile devices—no handing over cash or a credit card, eliminating any need for physical contact
- Simply drive up to the space near a OneDine standing parking sign and scan the QR code printed on that sign with their devices to place an order. Putting an order in through the QR code scan launches a mobile-friendly web page for your restaurant, where the customer can then seamlessly order, pay from their device, and have their food brought to their car.
- Customers can also use the Text to Pay option to
And whether or not you have an existing online ordering platform, your customers can access your menu and place their order before they ever leave their house. They can then notify you when they arrive at your location so that your team can deliver the order directly to their vehicle.
We are on a mission to save our restaurant families. Our team is working every day to get as many restaurants on-boarded as possible.
This setup is being offered at NO CHARGE to restaurants during the current gathering restrictions and can be set up in as little as 24 hours, without contracts, fees, or any commitment required (normal credit card processing fees apply).
Designed by people in the restaurant industry, for the people in the restaurant industry, OneDine’s single-source solution:
- Runs on a common tablet and seamlessly interfaces with most POS systems and existing software, making setup a breeze
- Gives you competitive insights into the different steps along each of your customer’s dining journeys, allowing you to offer more personalized services and giving you the opportunity to build lasting customer relationships that translate into incremental sales
- Lets customers split the check or pay per item, as well as add a tip—all from their devices
At this time, it’s unknown when the COVID-19 outbreak will subside. This means that, for the time being, restaurants will need to adapt their businesses to operate in a new normal.
For restaurants to succeed during the coronavirus crisis, essential steps have to be taken to ensure the health and safety of customers. As well as ramping up sanitizing procedures and increasing hand-washing protocol, operators can help keep customers safe by offering them a service that eliminates the need for physical contact when they place and receive an order.
If your restaurant is struggling to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, please reach out to our team at OneDine. Whether you have a parking lot or not, we can turn your restaurant into a revenue-generating order-delivery spot in as little as 24 hours, at no cost and with no commitment.
Call us at 888-551-DINE or find out more here.